This lighter, more healthy model of Vegan Eggplant Parmigiana is straightforward, scrumptious, and completely satisfying.
Cashew Cream Cheese:
- 1 massive eggplant
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons complete grain bread crumbs
Herbed Marinara Sauce:
- To Make Cashew Cream: Place cashews in a bowl and canopy with water. Soak for two hours. Drain cashews. Place cashews in a blender with plant-based milk, lemon juice, garlic, salt and white pepper (optionally available), and dietary yeast. Course of cashews till very easy. Might must pause and scrape down sides a number of instances. Texture needs to be thick and creamy.
- To Make Eggplant: Preheat oven to 400 F on the broiler setting. Chop eggplant into skinny vertical slices and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle evenly with salt and bread crumbs. Place in oven on prime rack and broil for 8 minutes, till golden. Take away from oven and cut back warmth to 375 F bake setting.
- To Make Herbed Marinara Sauce: Combine marinara sauce with garlic, basil, oregano and black pepper in a small bowl.
- To Assemble: In a 9×9 baking dish, place ½ cup marinara sauce on backside and unfold out evenly. Layer half the roasted eggplant on prime of the marinara sauce, adopted by half the remaining marinara sauce, and half the cashew cream. Repeat layers yet one more time with remaining elements. Place uncovered in 375 F oven and bake for half-hour. Take away, enable to chill for five minutes, slice into squares, and serve.
Discover ways to make cashew cream right here.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free bread crumbs.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 38 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Italian, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 215
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 352 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: parmigiana, eggplant, vegan eggplant parmigiana