In case your PC gained’t boot, there’s a very good likelihood that the ability provide often is the supply of the difficulty. In earlier movies, we’ve outlined a number of indicators that your energy provide could also be failing, however on this one, we’ll go over some fundamental troubleshooting to isolate and hopefully remedy the issue.
First, we’ll want to verify that this isn’t an area electrical subject.
- Take a look at whether or not the issue is expounded to your wall socket or a blown fuse purchase plugging the PC right into a recognized working outlet
- Affirm that the ability cable will not be the difficulty by swapping for a recognized working cable
- Test all energy cable connections for tightness
- Test the ability swap on the rear of the PSU to verify it’s within the | place
- Test the PSU for exterior put on or injury doubtlessly brought on by overheating
In the event you’ve accomplished these steps and your PC will nonetheless not boot, you’ll be able to carry out what’s referred to as a Jumper Take a look at to judge the performance of the PSU itself.
- Fully disconnect your energy provide from the motherboard and your energy cable. For modular energy provides depart the 20-pin connector connected. You’ll want it in a sec.
- Bend a metallic paperclip right into a U-Form
- With the Energy Provide swap within the O place and unplugged, insert one finish of the paperclip into the inexperienced pin and the opposite right into a black pin.
- Plug within the PSU and flip the ability swap. In case your PSU fan spins, meaning it’s getting energy and has not failed fully. This might nonetheless imply a partial failure is inflicting your points, however it may additionally imply the issue is elsewhere. If the fan doesn’t spin, it’s time to exchange that energy provide.
That’s it! Try the Velocity Micro weblog for extra PC troubleshooting suggestions and methods to assist get you again up and operating.
Charlie has been a member of Velocity Micro’s workforce since 2018. He has a love for each graphic design and PC gaming.