These savory little Greek Black Eyed Peas Vegan Meatballs are crammed with the Mediterranean flavors of black-eyed peas, herbs, dates, and sun-dried tomatoes—served with a tangy Tahini Lemon Sauce.
- 1 medium pink onion, chopped into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 small comfortable dates, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup recent parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch sea salt (non-obligatory)
- ¼ cup floor flax seeds
- ½ cup complete wheat breadcrumbs (could use gluten-free)
- ½ cup nut meal (i.e., almond meal, hazelnut meal, or peanut meal)
- 1 giant lemon, juiced
- 2 (15-ounce cans) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained (or 3 ½ cups cooked)
Tahini Lemon Sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 giant lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Water, as wanted
- Smoked paprika
- Within the container of a meals processor, place pink onion, garlic, dates, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, fennel seeds, oregano, black pepper, and salt (non-obligatory). Course of till finely chopped.
- Add flax seeds, breadcrumbs, nut flour, and lemon juice to meals processor, and course of till mixed.
- Add black-eyed peas to meals processor, and course of simply till the peas are mashed, however not pureed. Might have to pause and scrape down sides.
- Take away combination from meals processor and refrigerate for half-hour.
- In the meantime, make Tahini Lemon Sauce by whisking collectively tahini with lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper. Add sufficient water to make a clean sauce, in line with your required texture. (A thicker sauce is preferable served on the aspect with appetizer vegan meatballs, whereas a thinner sauce is preferable served on prime of an entrée serving of vegan meatballs.) Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Roll into about 40 small balls (about 1 1/2-inches to 2-inches in diameter) along with your arms, and place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place on prime rack of the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, till vegan balls are cooked by and golden brown on floor.
- Serve with Tahini Lemon Sauce.
- Make 8 servings (5 vegan meatballs + 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Greek, Mediterranean, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 254
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 415 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 10 g
Key phrases: vegan meatballs, vegan meatballs recipe, the right way to prepare dinner meatballs, meatballs in oven, how lengthy to bake meatballs, greatest vegan meatballs, the right way to prepare dinner black eyed peas, are black eyed peas beans, how lengthy to prepare dinner black eyed peas